At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
What Territory Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Territory Management is responsible for cold calling, prospecting and building relationships that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within a specified product line, business segment and/or geography. Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
What is expected of you for success in your role
* Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation; demonstrates working knowledge of how Cardinal Health offerings match with a customers' unique business needs. * Initiates and takes ownership of principles of territory management, including: account planning, selling processes, post-sales implementation processes, deal economics
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for functional success
* Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions * Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales * Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus * Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty * Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
Accountabilities in this role
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer current/future product and services needs * Introduce internal and external customers to the full breadth of Cardinal Health Products, including commodities, clinical products, services and Cardinal360 - services will also have their own sales force * Develop value propositions around client needs, effectively negotiate financial terms and close sales for Cardinal products and services * Identify new product sale opportunities and promote Cardinal Health's strategic priorities with clients within the assigned territory * Report to RD, dotted line to Strategic Account Executive (SAE) in SAE's accounts * Conduct product trials, Value Analysis Presentations and all required customer education
* Bachelor's degree, preferred * Minimum of 3 years related sales experience * Prior experience selling medical products required, including but not limited to, medical disposables, medical consumables, medical device, or clinical capital * Experience in an operating room (OR) environment preferred * Proven product knowledge in business area * Demonstrate advance knowledge of CAH and customer industry (e.g., key competitors, technology, terminology, regulations) * Show and exhibit strong product knowledge enabling a feature and benefit sales process to unfold and successful conclude * Strong understanding of customer buying process that enables effective management of opportunity pipeline for each account * Proven track record for developing targeted offerings and closing large/medium deals * Ability to hunt for new opportunities * Valid driver's license * Ability to travel 30%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: lab, medical, medical technologist, mlt, pathology, surgical technologist, technician iii, technician iv, technologist, testing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.