Relationship Banker - Kona Banking Center (Pukalani)
Compensation: $73,800.00 - $129,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people s lives? Are you a change leader? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? Are you a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and a forward thinker? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Relationship Banker:
At the direction of the Manager, the Relationship Banker creates exceptional customer experiences by engaging clients with exceptional customer service while ensuring that engaged clients understand how digital and mobile alternatives can complete their banking transactions quickly and efficiently. Further, the Relationship Banker introduces and sells customers financial services to meet their short and long term needs, as identified by profiling and through knowledge of products and services. In addition the Relationship Banker processes all types of financial transactions for clients, balances own cash and assists with vault, ATM cash recycler and armored car duties. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit s compliance with all regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act, as applicable.
We ll give you these important responsibilities
- Helps lead the overall branch client experience. Proactively engages existing and prospective clients to understand and interact with 21st century banking advancements by demonstrating transactions using technology, creating an interest and handling objections. This also includes, but not limited to: providing exceptional customer service, managing flow of activity throughout the branch, assessing and fulfilling client needs, handling and resolving complaints and concerns generated from customers, and escalating unfulfilled client concerns to the appropriate branch or department.
- Maintains and sells financial services to clientele by addressing both their long-term and short-term goals through profiling. Identifies customer needs, maintains extensive knowledge of products and services, cross-sells, opens new accounts, calls on prospects and performs teleconsulting.
- Actively sells financial products and services making referrals as appropriate. Interviews, processes applications, and closes for all consumer credit products. Provides high level of quality service to customers. Processes a wide range of financial transactions to include but not limited to: cashing checks, accepting deposits, paying withdrawals, accepting payments, issuing cashier s checks and selling traveler s checks, etc. Balances individual cash. Opens and closes the vault. Performs duties as needed of Automated Teller Machine (ATM), Vault, Cash recycler and armored car transactions. Trains new employees on operational procedures.
- Identifies and secures new high and/or potentially high value consumer clients. Responsible for coordinating calling efforts, managing referrals, sales tracking and prospecting to achieve personal sales goals and contribute to the overall team goals. Trains new employees on sales procedures. Maintains close contact with customers and prospects, makes appreciation calls and is actively involved in the promotion and marketing of the Bank and its products and services, which may include public address announcements and aisle relationship building at our in-store locations.
- Responsible for keeping informed of current bank policies, procedures, federal laws and regulations as well as maintains strong knowledge of all new products, programs and sales promotions.
if you come to us with these qualifications
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. If not yet registered, registration to be completed and accepted no later than 30-days from employment or transfer date. If not registered and accepted, employment may be terminated.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in consumer sales, marketing and/or customer service or equivalent work experience.
- Banking and financial services industries preferred.
- Experience should include demonstrated success in retail banking environment and candidates should demonstrate ability and desire to advance skills in various areas of personal finance including investments, insurance, mortgage, small business products and services, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software and systems including, PC Teller, Customer Information System (CIS) and check imprinter.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, be analytical, detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be an effective and efficient team player with good sales, marketing, customer service and interpersonal skills, as well as negotiation skills.
- Able to meet fixed and changing deadlines and priorities and follow up consistently.
- Must be able to push a cash cart (100 lbs.) and/or lift approximately 20 to 25 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required or assigned.
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. At Bank of Hawaii, we think of ourselves as forward thinking pace setters. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: banker, banking product, client, commercial loan, loan officer, loan review, mortgage, mortgage loan officer, personal banker i, relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...